Saturday, September 12, 2009

first day of school

When kindergarten ended for the summer, Meredith didn't want to leave school.

In fact, there were quite a few tears involved on her last day.

And even though she had a fun summer, she was thrilled to go back to school and start first grade.

The day came and she was up bright and early. Her bag was packed, complete with the essentials like High School Musical pencils,

and a my little pony for good luck.

And...it didn't take long before she was tired of taking pictures and of squinting.

I think she had a good day!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Beth Swantz said...

My favorite picture is of course her hiding her eyes on the step...not really I love the open excitement of that first day. I did miss that this year...there is something really special about that...and 1st grade is the MOST EXCITING of all!!!
Have fun - Meredith!!!