Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cherry Deliciousness


We spent the morning of this fine holiday with the family and our bunny burner breakfasts. I'll leave the explanation of the breakfast to Theresa. I opted to bring a family favorite, cherry coffee cake. I've had several requests for the recipe and I'm glad to share it but I've got to give my good friend, Staci Yoder, all the credit for introducing it to us. In fact, I think my family wants to spend the weekend at her house just for this!

1 c butter or margarine
1 3/4 c sugar
1 1/2 t baking powder
3 c flour
4 eggs
1 t vanilla
2 cans cherry pie filling

Frosting
1/2 c butter
1 t - 1 T milk
2 c powdered sugar
1/2 t vanilla

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well. Add vanilla, baking powder and flour. Spread 2/3 of batter (or enough to cover) in a greased 10x15 pan. Pour pie filling over mixture. Drop remaining dough over filling. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 min or until clean on a toothpick. Frost while warm.

~Kristen

No comments: