Friday, February 19, 2010

Fun in the Sun...I mean Snow.

At least my kids are enjoying the snow that keeps coming!

 

  

  

Jesse doesn't really understand what you aren't really able to do in the snow. Every time he plays in the snow the first thing he asks for is his bike. Which doesn't exactly work in the snow. And playing soccer didn't work so well either!

 

Meredith had fun shoveling the walks. For about 3 minutes. Then she was done.
 
 
King Queen of the mountain!
 
 

Our monster of a retaining wall doesn't look quite so monsterous when there is a huge snow drift by it!

What was I doing while the kids were playing? We wanted a cozy fire that night, so I trekked over to the garden and our wood pile to get some wood. (I'm not really a fan of having to walk through so much snow for wood, but that's better than the alternative of not knowing what creatures are living in a woodpile right by the house!) The snow was blowing so much that by the time I came back just a few minutes later, some of the wagon tire tracks were gone.
And there's more snow in the forecast for this afternoon through tomorrow morning. Hmmm.

Maybe that's not such a bad thing if it gives us an excuse to eat popcorn in front of a fire while watching Olympics. Sounds like a winner to me!
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Hartsocks said...

I too, am getting tired of the snow (mostly the cold!), and am looking forward to snuggling up at home tonight. Sometimes it is nice to just be at home! ;)