Wednesday, November 12, 2008

19th Annual Shopping Weekend Update

Wow, can you believe that our Beachy women have gone Christmas shopping one weekend a year for 19 years? I'm thinking that I missed 5 of those years - 4 years for college and 1 year that we were in Phoenix.

We had so much fun - it's hard to explain to our husbands what an IMPORTANT shopping "retreat" this is for us ladies. There were 8 of us in a van and SUV, and both "trunks" and back seats of each car were chock-full of purchases. As was advertised, we laughed, ate a LOT, and shopped until we dropped.

The major downer was getting a flat tire on Interstate 80. I was able to pull over to the shoulder, but we were all too scared to try to change the tire with people whizzing by going 70+ miles/hour just a few feet away from us. So I called 911 and the Iowa County police came and changed the tire for us! For once I can say "Yeah for Iowa County!!"

I didn't have my camera with me this weekend, so I don't have any pictures from the actual weekend. Here's just a fraction of the purchases...no, of course I can't take pictures of what is in the bag - that would ruin the surprise! The Porch Light bag is from the coolest store ever (yes, it's called Porch Light)!My most exciting purchase that wasn't for Christmas was this lap quilt from TJ Maxx on clearance for $10! Love it!
We all had such a great time that there is talk of a different sort of retreat we should have in the spring...shhhh...don't tell our husbands!

No comments: