Monday, November 24, 2008

Pepper Jelly

Mmmmm...pepper jelly. This recipe is here by popular demand. I got this fantastic recipe from my mom for pepper jelly, and it's super easy to make. You can use any color pepper, but I just happened to have red peppers from my garden, so I used those. It doesn't take very many peppers. Here are a few pictures from the process of making the jelly. I forgot to take any pictures of when the jelly is cooking on the stove - unfortunately it doesn't go from food processor straight to the jar like the pictures show!

Now throw some cream cheese in a cute little dish, slap some pepper jelly on top of the cream cheese, serve with crackers or pretzels, and YUM-O!


Pepper Jelly

4 small red or green bell peppers (2 cups chopped fine)
1 cup vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
5 cups sugar
1 packet liquid Certo

Chop peppers fine, measure 2 cups peppers and juice in large pot. Add vinegar and salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes. Stir in sugar, return to heat and boiling, uncovered and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat and immediately stir in Certo. Stir for 5 minutes. Pour into hot jelly jars and seal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I think I will have to forward your blog to my friend Elsie who also makes pepper jelly - its her great recipe.
MOM

Anonymous said...

Another excellent post! Thanks for sharing.