Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hairspray and Yankees

We had a great time in New York City yesterday. It was definitely a jam-packed day, but we still had a good time. I hope I don't bore you with all the pictures - this is just a taste of what our day was like yesterday...
Times Square Toys-R-Us: there is a huge ferris wheel in the middle of the 4-story store!
O Humanity!


Naked Cowboy singing in Times Square...

To say that Hairspray was awesome would be an understatement. Meredith and I absolutely loved the entire show. It was such a true Broadway musical - 2.5 hours jam-packed with singing, dancing, costumes and big hair. Seriously, what more could you ask for?

Yummy stadium supper - hotdog and pop (I mean soda - no one knows what I'm talking about when I ask for a pop...)

Look Mommy - I see a big balloon in the sky (a.k.a. the blimp). Our seats at the Yankee game weren't the highest row - but there were only 2 more rows above us! The game ended up being a good one for the Yankees - unfortunately we had to leave just as they were making their big comeback. It was still pretty cool to be in "the House that Ruth built." Yup, that's right, it's about a mile straight down to the field! When the grounds crew comes out in the 6th inning to drag the field, they play "YMCA" and the crew actually dances to the song while dragging the field!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the photos! Thanks for making the rest of us feel like we were almost there with you. I can't wait to hear all about Hairspray! Safe travels home.

bets said...

i'm so glad you were there and all are still smiling at the end! Ain't New York great!!