Thursday, January 29, 2009

Comfort

Yesterday Kent came home after a long and not-so-fun day. So I decided he needed a little comfort food. I remembered a recipe I had seen recently on Pioneer Woman for yummy chicken with bacon and cheese on top. What could be more comforting than that?!?

So I cooked up Pioneer Woman's Ranch Style Chicken and some cheddar mashed potatoes - and I believe it was a hit!

Note to readers: the above picture is not mine, but from the Pioneer Woman herself.

Note to self: next time I fry chicken in the cast iron skillet on the stove, make sure to put the splatter screen on...or I'll end up degreasing the stove, counter, and any recipe that is nearby...again!

Have you ever visited Pioneer Woman? (No, not just any old pioneer woman, but thepioneerwoman.com) If not, you should go - she has awesome recipes and great photography and photoshop tips and lots more. I really love the recipes that she has though. Not only are they scrumptious, but she has step-by-step pictures accompanying the recipe. Now that's the kind of recipe that I love!

Anyway, a nice and comforting meal was had by all last night.

1 comment:

bets said...

yummmmmmmm
want to come and cook for me??