Thursday, January 29, 2009

What's to come


My kids are young enough that they're not really involved in too much outside of home and school.

But I think this afternoon I'll get a taste of what is to come in a few years. And I think I'll get to know the inside of my van while I'm at it!

Here's how it will go:

4:00: I get home from work, and Meredith, her friend Suzanna, and my niece Lauren will all ride the bus together and get home from school

4:30: I go to IMS to meet up with Kent to get Jesse and take him home (after he's been at the sitters all day)

4:50: Take Lauren to violin lessons (just a few miles from our house)

5:20: Pick up Lauren from violin lessons

5:45: Take Meredith, Jesse, Suzanna, and Lauren to Kalona to drop Lauren off at her house and drop Suzanna off at the middle school where her brother has a basketball game

Then it's time to go home and eat supper. Maybe I can convince everyone to keep their coats, hats, and mittens on from 4 until 6. (We know it won't be a problem for Jesse!) That way we only have to deal with boots and buckling the booster and car seat every time we go out. Hmmmm, it's something to think about!

It makes me realize that I really need to savor this time with my kids when life isn't hectic like this every day.

1 comment:

bets said...

Good Grief - what an evening!!
I'm so sorry...
I can't tell you how much it helped me out to have you take care of my girl - but it certainly added to your life!
Just remember to keep a tab - we are happy to pay back! :)
Thank you!!!