Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Let it snow! Let it snow. Let it snow?

Am I crazy that I'm enjoying looking out the window and seeing snow? (Note to Kent: that is a rhetorical question...I already know that you think I'm crazy!)

Have I forgotten the seemingly endless snow storms of last year?

The gigantic snow plow that had to open up our road because a regular snow plow wouldn't make a dent in the drifts?
The endless times that I had to drive Meredith the 1/4 of a mile to the nearest hard surface road because the bus wouldn't come on a gravel road? (How sad is it that my then 4-year-old would ask me every morning if it was hard surface roads only for the buses?)


The endless snow days...OK, so that part was fun!


The endless snow advisories and winter weather warnings.

And who could forget when Meredith's bus got stuck in the ditch across from our drive (ok, so now I remember why the bus drivers didn't want to drive on gravel roads!)


And what about the snowman that Meredith made that stayed in our yard FOREVER!!

But I also remember feeling so cozy in my warm house as the wind and snow was blowing outside.

And it was so fun to drive around the country "block" to see how deep the snow was.

And the snow dampens all the sounds so it seems much more peaceful outside.

And who wants to look at brown grass and brown mud for the next 3 or 4 months anyway?

We'll see what I think in a month or two. (Although unlike other people in my house, I didn't get tired of winter last year until March!)

1 comment:

bets said...

I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed it!!! It was such a pretty snow! Yippee doo dah!