Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Snow Day I

So I'm going to try to keep track of all the snow days that Meredith has - maybe this will be the only one this winter! (Wishful thinking, I know. Oh wait - I love snow days, so bring them on!) Last week Meredith's school had an early out due to snow, but she was already home sick so she didn't get to enjoy it. The bus comes to pick up Meredith around 7:15 in the morning, and finally at 7:05 or 7:10 the local news website we were checking showed that she had a late start. So her and I went back to bed. Actually, we both laid (is that how you spell it? Layed? No, that's not right. Maybe one of the teachers can comment and tell me how to spell it!) Anyway, we both laid in my bed and I went back to sleep and she watched cartoons. Later school was canceled, so she now has a free day! What's the first thing she does? Why organize her desk, or course!
Next up, sitting in the office chair and looking through all the old pictures from Beth and Rod's wedding. Beth, her favorite picture from the bunch was of you and Rod before Terry & Deb's wedding. She totally wants to keep the picture, so maybe I'll have to make a copy for her.
And of course, through it all, Jesse is busy getting into Meredith's stuff. Soon after I took this picture, the picture he's playing with was ruined according to Meredith because he pulled all the stickers off.
Oh how we love lazy snow days. (Wish me luck this afternoon as I go in to work at the church with not 1 but 2 kids!)

Update: THANK YOU Mom for letting Meredith come to your house and hang out this afternoon while I'm at work! Makes life much simpler for me!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yes, it is spelled "laid"! Meredith certainly didn't get her organizational skills from her aunt! LOL It's nice to hear at least one parent who likes snow days! I do too, but only a couple of them.

LollyChops said...

The first thing Meredith did was organize her desk? That is one brilliant child you have there my dear. I just loved that!